The HUHS Pharmacy provides Harvard Business School (HBS) students and HUGHP members, Medical Area students, Law School students, and covered partners free delivery of prescription refills to Cumnock Hall, Vanderbilt Hall, and Pound Hall. Some restrictions apply and sign-up is required. Please read program details below.
Please note the delivery program is only for refill prescriptions that are considered schedule VI as defined by Massachusetts Law. Schedule VI includes most prescription drugs except for controlled substances.
How It Works
- Sign up at the HUHS Pharmacy (Holyoke Center, 75 Mount Auburn Street) at the time of your original fill, or the next time you need a refill of an existing prescription (see “How to Begin Delivery Service”, below).
- Order your refill from the HUHS Pharmacy, indicating you are a Business School student and HUGHP members, Medical Area student, Law School student, or covered partner.
- The HUHS Pharmacy will process your request within 24 hours and deliver the refill on the following business day (Monday through Friday only). Deliveries are made to the HBS Clinic at Cumnock Hall, the Medical Area Health Clinic at Vanderbilt Hall on Longwood Ave, and Law School Health Clinic at Pound Hall.
- To confirm your refill has been delivered, please call the HBS Health Clinic at 617-495-6455, Medical Area Health Clinic at 617-432-1370, or Law School Health Clinic at 617-495-4414.
- You may pick up your prescription refill at Vanderbilt Hall during regular business hours: Monday and Thursday 9:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.; Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (see website for summer hours).
- You may pick up your prescription refill at Cumnock Hall during regular business hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (see website for summer hours).
- You may pick up your prescription refill at Pound Hall during regular business hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (see website for summer hours).
- You will need to present a valid government-issued photo ID or a Harvard-issued photo ID and sign a “Prescription Receipt Acknowledgment Form” in order to pick up your prescription refill.
- The cost of the prescription refill will be term-billed to your student account. (Currently, payment is by term bill only). For HUGHP members payroll deduction is required for payment.
- NOTE: No one will be allowed to pick up a refill prescription on the behalf of another student or covered partner. Refill prescriptions will be released only to patients with a valid government-issued photo ID or Harvard-issued photo ID.
- Refills not picked up at the HBS, Medical Area, or Law School Health Clinics within 6 business days after date filled will be returned to the HUHS Pharmacy, and will be destroyed ten business days after date returned [as required by Massachusetts law, i.e., 247 CMR 9:01(4)]. The destroyed prescription refill will count toward the total number of refills allowed for this prescription, and the charge will remain on your term bill/payroll deduction to cover the cost of the dispensed drug. To obtain a new prescription refill you will have to request another prescription refill from the HUHS Pharmacy using the same process.
How to Begin Delivery Service
HBS students and HUGHP members, Medical Area students, Law School students, and covered partners must complete and sign a HUHS Prescription Refill Form in person at the HUHS Pharmacy at the time of the original fill, or the next time a refill of an existing prescription is needed. A valid government-issued photo ID or Harvard-issued photo ID must be presented to a HUHS Pharmacy staff member to confirm active student or partner status. A Pharmacy staff member will also confirm that the prescription is for a schedule VI medication. By signing the delivery agreement, you grant permission to the HUHS Pharmacy to dispense prescription refill(s) to HUHS's HBS, Medical Area, and Law School Health Clinics for distribution by their respective health clinic personnel.
How to Discontinue Delivery Service
Students insured under the student prescription benefit will only have to enroll one time. The agreement will stay in place for the duration of the student’s prescription benefit. For HUGHP members the agreement will stay in place until you notify the HUHS Pharmacy otherwise. If you wish to discontinue service at any time, please contact the HUHS Pharmacy directly at (617) 496-6661.