Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates provide our patients with obstetric and gynecology (OB/GYN) care.
Adolescent to post-menopausal women receive professional and individualized gynecologic care, including diagnostic services from the Harvard Vanguard physicians, nurse practitioner, and nurse team. Routine preventive care includes Pap smears, breast exams, contraceptive counseling, and other gynecologic screenings.
Each woman has different medical needs and questions about pregnancy. Patients receive:
- Pre-conception planning
- Prenatal care, including all routine testing
- Nutrition counseling
- Fetal-risk screenings
- On-site laboratory services
- Childbirth and breast-feeding education
- Postnatal care
- General health, nutrition, and weight loss education
- General counseling, education, and emotional support
Patients deliver at The Bain Birthing Center at Mount Auburn Hospital. The state-of-the-art facility welcomes over 2,500 newborns each year and offers patients many options to meet the specific needs of each family. Watch a video tour of the newly expanded birthing center.
Students and Harvard University Group Health Plan members have access to this service.
Call Harvard Vanguard Patient Registration at 800-249-1767 before making your first appointment.
- Patients seeking Obstetric care do not need a referral
- Patients needing routine gynecologic care do not need a referral
- Patients with other gynecologic issues need a referral from a primary care physician