Conveniently located at HUHS in the Smith Campus Center, the Pharmacy fills prescriptions written by HUHS clinicians and accepts a variety of prescription insurance plans (Catamaran, CVS Caremark, Express Scripts, MedImpact, Tricare, among others). All members of the Harvard community can visit the Pharmacy to purchase over-the-counter products. A private consultation room is available to discuss your confidential prescription questions.
The Pharmacy carries a formulary of prescription medications and over-the-counter products, many of which are available at lower prices than other pharmacies. We are only able to fill prescriptions written by HUHS clinicians. A generic medication may be substituted and dispensed for a prescribed brand medication as mandated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Students can receive up to a three-month supply for most medications, and there is discounted prescription pricing for Harvard University Group Health Plan members for a 90-day supply.
Call the automated 24-hour refill line at (617) 495-8468. Be prepared to supply the seven-digit prescription number located at the top-left corner of the prescription label. You can also call the Pharmacy directly during regular business hours at (617) 496-6661.
Through the App
Visit the HUHS Pharmacy refill website to setup an online account. Once you create an account, the Pharmacy will activate your profile within one to two business days. You can then download the HUHS Rx app on your iPhone or Android smartphone to easily manage your refills. Frequently asked questions about the online refill system.
Refill pick up
Pick up your refills 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the ScriptCenter kiosk in the HUHS first floor. Available exclusively to HUHS patients, refills are filled by HUHS Pharmacists, and loaded into the kiosk for you to pick up at your convenience. In most cases, refills are ready for same-day pick up. You can also purchase common over-the-counter items such as: pain relievers, allergy relievers, nasal sprays, eye drops, and heartburn relievers.
- Create a unique ID and PIN at www.scriptcenter.com
- Order your refill
- Receive pick up alert
- Pay at the kiosk using Visa, Mastercard, student bill, or employee payroll deduction.
Free Delivery to Satellite Clinics
The Pharmacy provides free prescription refill delivery to students and Harvard University Group Health Plan members at the Business School, Law School, and Medical Area clinics. Some restrictions may apply and sign-up is required. Please note the delivery program is only for refill prescriptions that are considered schedule VI as defined by Massachusetts Law. Schedule VI includes most prescription drugs except for controlled substances.
How It Works
- Sign up at the Pharmacy in the Smith Campus Center with your original prescription or the next time you need to refill an existing prescription
- Order your refill from the Pharmacy
- The Pharmacy will process your request within 24 hours and deliver the refill on the following business day (Monday through Friday only)
- Pick up your prescription refill during regular business hours (hours vary by location)
- Present a valid government-issued photo ID or a Harvard-issued photo ID and sign a Prescription Receipt Acknowledgment Form to pick up your prescription refill — you cannot have someone else pickup your prescription on your behalf
- Student prescriptions costs are applied to the student bill
- Harvard University Group Health Plan member prescription costs are through payroll deduction
- Refills not picked up within six business days after the date they were filled will be returned to the Pharmacy, and will be destroyed ten business days after the return date [as required by Massachusetts law, i.e., 247 CMR 9:01(4)]. The destroyed prescription refill will count toward the total number of refills allowed for the prescription, and the charge will remain on your student bill or payroll deduction to cover the cost of the dispensed drug. To obtain a new prescription refill you will need to request another prescription refill from the Pharmacy using the same process.
How to Discontinue Delivery Service
Students insured under the HUSHP Student Health Insurance Plan will only need to enroll one time. The agreement will stay in place for the duration of the student's prescription benefit. For HUGHP members, the agreement will stay in place until you notify the HUHS Pharmacy otherwise. If you wish to discontinue service at any time, please contact the Pharmacy directly at (617) 496-6661.
- Contraceptive supplies
- Free Cold Kit to undergraduate students (limit one per semester)
- Diabetic supplies
- Blood pressure monitors
- Smoking cessation aids
Compression Stockings, Superfeet orthotics
Our Certified Compression Stocking Fitters can assist you in determining the correct size and style for your personal needs.
- Students may charge Pharmacy items to their student bill — charges will be listed confidentially on all reports as "Pharmacy Charges" with a dollar amount
- Harvard faculty and staff may use payroll deduction to charge Pharmacy purchases
- Cash, personal check, Visa, and MasterCard
- PCS, Paid, Express Prescription Cards, and others