Flu shots are now available in two locations:
In the HUHS tent located in the Science Center Plaza every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 12:00PM-3:00PM, through Thursday, October 29, 2020.
In the New Research Building (NRB) at the Longwood Medical Area every Tuesday from 12:00PM-3:00PM, through Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
- The HUHS flu vaccination clinic is available to the following members of the Harvard community:
- Any member of the Harvard community with a Harvard University ID (HUID) *
- HUGHP members and those enrolled in dependent coverage through HUGHP *
- HUSHP members and those enrolled in dependent coverage through HUSHP *
* If a dependent on HUGHP or HUSHP is under 18 years old, please contact their pediatrician for local options. HUHS cannot provide vaccinations for those under 18 years old, unless a Harvard College student.
- High-dose vaccine will be available for those age 65 and older
- For your safety and the safety of the community, anyone coming to campus for flu vaccine must wear a face covering at all times and practice social distancing
- Faculty, staff, and students who use Crimson Clear should complete a Crimson Clear attestation before coming to campus. If you do not have access to Crimson Clear, and would like to come to campus for a flu shot, please be sure you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 that include fever, shortness of breath, cough, and loss of taste or smell. If you are experiencing symptoms, please defer your flu shot and speak with your health care provider about your symptoms. For the continued safety of our community, please defer your shot if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last two weeks or have been in contact with someone in the last 14 days who has tested positive.
- Please remember that flu vaccination clinics are widely available and, if you cannot come to campus, you can likely receive your vaccination at your local pharmacy, doctor’s office, or health department
As we head into the 2020-21 flu season, getting a flu vaccine is more important than ever to protect yourself and the people around you from flu, and to help reduce the strain on healthcare systems responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note that immunization for the flu by Dec. 31, 2020, is required in Massachusetts for all individuals who are enrolled in colleges and universities within the state. For more information about the flu vaccine requirement in Massachusetts, please visit the Mass.gov website.