Immunization Compliance Information
Fall term deadline: June 11, 2021*
Spring term deadline: January 3, 2022*
Immunization Requirements, COVID-19 and Flu Vaccine Documentation - updated May 5, 2021
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Information
Harvard University requires all enrolled students to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before arriving on campus for fall classes, using a vaccine authorized or approved by the FDA or the World Health Organization.
Fully vaccinated means 2 weeks past the completion of whatever series is being received. i.e., 2 doses for Pfizer/Moderna/AstraZeneca, 1 dose for Johnson and Johnson.
Submitting COVID-19 Vaccine Documentation
After you get vaccinated, please remember to send a copy of your completed vaccination card to HUHS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Harvard Microsoft 365 users can send securely using message encryption in Outlook, and all users with a Harvard Key can send securely using Accelion Kiteworks. We keep this information secure and confidential. Please be sure your vaccination card shows the following:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- The manufacturer of the vaccine
- The date(s) in which the vaccines were received
If you have received your vaccine outside of the United States your documentation must include the above information, in English, in order for us to accurately update your record.
Students who are not fully compliant with all of Harvard University’s immunization requirements will have class registration holds applied. We strongly recommend that students submit their documentation as early as possible so that the review and verification is completed before class registration. Please note that documentation verification can take 2 to 3 weeks to be processed. Students can check the status of their compliance by accessing their Patient Portal account. Once submissions are verified students are notified that they are either compliant or if there are any vaccines outstanding.
For international students and any others unable to access an FDA- or WHO-authorized vaccine before arrival, the University plans to offer vaccination on arrival once doses are made available to us.
Please visit our COVID-19 Vaccine Information at HUHS webpage for the latest COVID updates.
Flu Vaccine Requirement Information
Harvard University requires all enrolled students to have an annual flu vaccine.
For AY2022, flu vaccine must be received on or after July 1, 2021.
Submitting Flu Vaccine Documentation
- Students who receive their flu vaccine at a Harvard University Health Services (HUHS) flu vaccine clinic or with their HUHS provider do not need to submit proof of vaccination. We will be documenting those vaccines directly into the students' medical record.
- HUHS flu vaccine clinics will be held this fall. Once scheduled, the dates and times will be communicated and posted on the HUHS website.
- Students who receive their flu vaccine outside of HUHS must upload their vaccination documentation to the HUHS Patient Portal, under Immunization Record.Note: Students on campus for the 2021 fall semester have until 12/31/21 to be compliant and submit their flu vaccine. Registration holds will be activated late October for students who have not received and submitted their annual flu vaccine. This 12/31/21 deadline only applies to the flu vaccine. All other required immunizations are to be submitted in advance of the student’s school registration dates.
Medical (HMS) and Dental (HSDM) Students
Law (HLS) Students
Harvard College (undergraduates), Graduate School of Arts & Sciences (GSAS), Business (HBS), Design (HGSD), Divinity (HDS), Education (HGSE), Government (HKS), and Public Health (HSPH) Students
Review our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
We recommend that you receive your immunizations before you arrive at Harvard, since many health insurance plans cover the costs of immunizations. Students unable to receive immunizations before arriving on campus must arrange for immunizations in the local area. If you receive your immunizations at Harvard University Health Services (HUHS), you may be billed for the cost of the immunization.
*Please note, some programs at the Harvard Chan School of Public Health may have different deadlines and start dates. See Harvard Chan School Submission Dates box at right.
To access your program's immunization forms, please choose the immunization packet that correlates to your school/program.
|Non-Healthcare Programs Immunization Packet||Clinical Healthcare Programs Immunization Packet||Non-Clinical Healthcare Programs Immunization Packet|
|Harvard Business School||Harvard Medical School (Clinical)||Harvard Medical School (Non-Clinical)|
|Harvard College||Harvard School of Dental Medicine|
|Harvard Divinity School|
|Harvard Graduate School of Arts & Sciences|
|Harvard GSAS Special Students & Visiting Fellows|
|Harvard Graduate School of Design|
|Harvard Graduate School of Education|
|Harvard Kennedy School|
|Harvard Law School|
|Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health|