- How to transfer your non-specialty/non-controlled prescription refills to another retail pharmacy
- How to transfer your non-specialty/non-controlled prescription refills to mail-order delivery
- HUGHP members who would like to transfer refills to mail-order delivery
- Student Health Insurance Plan members will have a mail order delivery option as of January 1, 2021
- Transfer specialty medication refills
- New prescription requests
- Locate a new retail pharmacy that is convenient to you and is considered “in-network” with your Pharmacy Benefit Manager or health insurance plan (Student Health Insurance Plan members). Contact the customer service phone number on your prescription card for help locating a new pharmacy.
- Once you select a new pharmacy, inform them that you are transferring your prescriptions from the HUHS Pharmacy; the new pharmacy should contact the HUHS Pharmacy to request a transfer of your active prescriptions.
- Transfer requests by the new pharmacy should be made by calling (617) 496-6662 during the hours of 8:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday before 12/18/20.
Note: HUGHP members can only fill for 90-day retail supplies at CVS or Harvard Vanguard pharmacies (when written by a Harvard Vanguard clinician). However, they will not get the same discounted rate (copay/cost share) they get at HUHS today. In order to obtain the discounted rate (copay/cost share), HUGHP members must use mail order delivery.
Depending on your insurance, you may be eligible to transfer your prescription to mail-order delivery. Please confirm with your health insurance plan (Student Health Insurance Plan members) or Pharmacy Benefit Manager.
Create an online account through the Express Scripts website or over the phone with Express Scripts at (877) 787-8684.
Contact the HUHS Pharmacy to request that your existing prescription be transferred to mail-order.
The copayment amount you are currently paying at the HUHS will be the same through mail-order.
- Additional information will be communicated to students when it becomes available.
- Prior to this date, Student Health Insurance Plan members will need to transfer any open refills to another retail pharmacy.
HUGHP and Student Health Insurance Plan members will need to fill specialty medications through Accredo. To get started contact Accredo at (800) 803-2523. Accredo will work with you to create an account and get your prescription transferred for you.
Let your clinician know which new pharmacy you prefer to use. You may continue to use the HUHS Pharmacy until December 18, 2020.